OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS
We value the relationship we have with our customers and are committed to responsible information-handling practices. We take great care in safeguarding your personal information and in complying with all applicable federal and state privacy laws and our own internal standards and best practices. Icon Systems follows these privacy principles both online and offline in the collection, use, security and sharing of customer information:
- NOTICE When we ask for your personal information, we will tell you why we need it and what we will do with it.
- SECURITY We will use reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we receive from you.
- SHARING When we share your information with other companies to help us provide our services to you, we will require them to comply with all applicable legal requirements regarding the privacy of your information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ICON SYSTEMS
As part of your interaction with icon Technician, we may collect personal information such as:
- Contact information, including name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
- Purchase information, including credit card number, billing and/or shipping information
- We may also collect demographic information, including age, personal interests and product preferences.
While shopping or taking advantage of services available from us, we may ask that you provide personal information. For example, we may request and/or collect personal information when you:
- Schedule an appointment for services
- Bring in your product for service
- Purchase products or services
- Set up an account online
- Schedule a delivery or an installation
- Contact us with a question or concern
- Participate in other activities with Icon Systems
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information you provide for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Fulfilling requests for products, services or information
- Tracking and confirm online orders
- Delivering or install products
- Providing customer services
- Administering surveys
- Offering new products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Sending marketing communications
- Performing other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere within this Policy.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Icon Systems does not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties.
We may need to share your personal information within the departments of the company. These departments may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
In addition, Icon Systems may share customer information with certain third parties such as our agents, service providers and other representatives acting on our behalf for limited purposes. For example, we may share personal information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling customer orders
- Sending icon marketing communications
- Delivering packages
- Scheduling and performing installations
- Servicing products
- Data recovery
- Sending regular mail and e-mail on behalf of Geek Squad
- Processing credit card payments
- Providing chat functions
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Icon Systems communicates with our customers through multiple channels and vehicles to keep you up-to-date on promotions, offers, customer experience content and new products or services.
Once you provide your personal information, we may contact you through direct mail, e-mail or phone. We may continue to communicate with you through these channels unless you request to stop receiving these communications by opting out. Before sending you mobile marketing (e.g., text messages) we will require your express consent by requesting that you opt-in.
If you no longer wish to receive these communications, let us know by using whichever of the following methods is appropriate under the circumstances
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whether you are receiving services, shopping online or in our service centers, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. Icon Systems cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us by e-mail, and you do so at your own risk.
Please note: While Icon Systems is able to protect personal information that is provided during the course of business, Icon Systems cannot take responsibility for data loss on the products or systems serviced. You will need to ensure your data has been removed or backed-up in order to safeguard this information.
Icon Systems offers remote access service to assist in diagnosing and resolving system issues. This process allows an Icon Systems Tech to remotely access your computer to determine the problem and either repair it or provide advice on what options are available to fix the issue. By taking advantage of this service, you are giving permission to an Icon Systems Tech to log into your computer which may contain personal information. An Icon Systems Tech will only search your computer to determine the cause of the problem and will attempt to limit their interaction with your files to a minimum. It is your responsibility to ensure all of your files, especially those containing personal information, are secure to prevent any type of data loss or corruption.
SAFE SHOPPING POLICY on Iconsystemsusa.com
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The Icon Systems Web site uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our Web site such as ordering information including your name, address and credit card number. Information you provide to us via our in-store kiosk does not traverse the public Internet.
COLLECTION OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
U.S.- EU SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK
We adhere to the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework ("Safe Harbor Framework") Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement, and are registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Program. http://export.gov/safeharbor.
CONCERNS ABOUT THE PRIVACY OR SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact our office to report a known or suspected privacy or security breach or to submit privacy or security-related questions or complaints. After receiving your inquiry, we will respond within five business days. You may contact us in the following ways:
- Call: 1-888-418-4588
- Send a letter to:
- Icon Systems Inc
Attn: Privacy Manager
307 W. Daisy Cir.
Romeoville, IL 60446
Last revision date: 08.12.2011